Every child is entitled to education and to the development of his personality. His education is the primary responsibility of his parents. Childcare facilities supplement the education of the child in the family and support the parents in the performance of their educational mission (Children's Education Law of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia ).
The children are the main characters of the day-care centers. They have the right to plan and participate in contents of the day-care center.
We consider the following rights for children to be essential and indispensable:
- right to active care,
- right for individual development and education, by taking into account the individual maturity,
- the right to respect and appreciation,
- right to feel safe,
- right to eat and drink when hungry and thirsty, but also the right to regulate one's own needs for a healthy development,
- right to research and experiment, to have diverse experiences,
- the right to gain social skills and to learn manners,
- right to experience the consequences of one's own behavior.
Inclusion means the equal encounter and integration of people with and without disabilities, people from different cultures and social milieus. For our kindergarten, this means that all children are looked after and supported together regardless of their background.